Pastor Bill Davis grew up in a Christian home in Elizabethton, Tennessee, secondoldest of five siblings, graduated from Elizabethton High School in 1964. He married his lovely wife, Jackie in 1976.
Bill and Jackie have four adult children: Kim, lives in Jonesborough, TN; Tina, lives in Providence, RI; Britt, lives in Johnson City, TN; and Alicia, lives in Woodstock, GA.
Bill was saved at age 18 in a revival service in February 1965. Then four years later drifted from his relationship with God and spent twelve years living a life unpleasing to God. But God drew him back to Himself in 1986. The Lord graciously spoke to Bill's heart and revealed His will. Since that time Bill has walked with God doing his best to please Him. He began an intense study of the Bible and has deep desire to know the depths of God. He had sensed God’s call on his life to preach the gospel early in his Christian life but did not fulfill the call. Now after rededicating his life to God, he still sensed the call on his life.
Bill announced his call to preach in 1998 and began preaching any where the opportunity was presented. He indulged in an intense four year study of The Spiritual Life. It was then that he realized how Satan had defeated him and caused him to not to follow God’s will for him during his early Christian life. Bill did pulpit supply preaching for many local churches for several years. He was called to Big Springs Baptist Church as Interim Pastor in 2006 and served eleven months. Bill was then called as Pastor of Biltmore Baptist Church in February 2007 where he serves today.
Pastor Bill recently retired from the Carter County School System after 33 years as an educator at Happy Valley High School. This long and successful career has presented many opportunities to minister the gospel. One highlight Bill recollects is that one of his former students is now preparing to serve as a missionsary to Liberia and our church supports this work. Pastor Bill's prayer is that the latter years of his service will be his best to bring glory and honor to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Biltmore Baptist Church was established in February of 1947. Biltmore is located at 1181 Old Bristol Highway, Elizabethton, TN. The Church began by holding cottage prayer services. This marked the beginning of the new Missionary Baptist congregation. Overflow crowds gathered making it necessary to secure a larger place to worship In January of 1948, the services were moved to a block building which was rented to the group by Claude Webb. The building was located on the site of the present parsonage. It had a dirt floor and leaky roof. Sawdust was scattered over the ground, and from time to time, a new piece of sheeting was nailed to the roof. Construction on the church basement was completed in mid 1949. The exact date the group moved into the church was not recorded,but charter members recall that it took approximately two years to complete construction.The congregation purchased .the old Butler City School building which became the framework and structure of the newly founded church. The building was purchased for $930.00, and for 16 weeks the members traveled daily to Butler on an old army bus to disassemble the building, The men tore the building down while the women removed nails from the boards.
Biltmore Baptist became an official member of the Watauga Association in 1949. It is recorded- that Rev. A.E. Roberts was elected as first pastor of Biltmore. God has had His hand on Biltmore and has given us many fine Christians and good pastors. Let us never lose sight of His wonderful blessing and keep in mind that He had brought us thus far and will continue to keep us in His loving care as long as we put Him first in all we do.